Using Android? I personally believe that if you love android as much as I do then you are looking up to and believe in Google’s upcoming innovations to make our life simple. So simple that you’ve probably never thought about it.
If you have heard about “Google Now” which is recently launched by Google, then piece of content is going to be very usable for you. Google Now voice function has become brilliantly robust over last two years. Here’s a list of just about everything you can say to Google Now. Try experimenting with different phrasing, you’ll be surprised how much it understands. The part of the phrase in [brackets] can be replaced with any similar term you choose.
- How old is [Sachin Tendulkar]?
- Where was [Mahatma Gandhi] born?
- Define [colloquial] (Or “What does [colloquial] mean?”)
- What time is it in [Mumbai]?
- Search for [photography tips]
- Show me pictures of [Taj Mahal]
- Do I need an umbrella today? What’s the weather like? What’s the weather in [New Delhi] [this weekend]?
- What the [Google] stock price? What is [Apple] trading at?
- What’s [182 yards] in [miles]? What is [12 ounces] in [litres]?
- What’s  divided by [4.3]? (A great many types of math equations will work.)
- Search [Tumblr] for [dog pictures] (more apps are added to this search-within-apps function all the time)
- Open [rajivpandey.com]
- Take a picture (“Take a photo” also works well)
- Record a video
- Open [Whatsapp]
- Turn [on / off] [Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Flashlight]
- Set an alarm for [5:30 am]
- Set a timer for [10 minutes]
- Create a calendar event: [Drink with Deepak, Friday at 9pm.]
- Remind me to [go gym at 7am]
- What is my schedule for tomorrow?
- Where’s my package? (tracking confirmation must be in Gmail)
- Find [Vivek Singh] [phone number] (Works with all info in your contacts – addresses, birthdays, etc.)
- Show me my bills. (or: My bills due this week.)
- Call [Deepak] (also works with relationships: Call [Mummy])
- Send email to [Vijaita Singh], subject, [Shopping], message, [I think we should go for shopping today period]
- Post to [Twitter]: [Follow Google Now Commands!]
- What is French for [I Love You]?
- Send a [Whatsapp] message to [Deepak]: Hang on, I’m going to get one more ticket. (works with most of the apps)
Navigation and Travel
- Where is the nearest [Indian Restaurant]?
- Navigate to [Select City Mall]
- “How do i get home?”
- Where is [Qutub Minaar]?
- Show me my flight info
- What are some attractions around here?
- How do you say [good night] in [Japanese]?
- Next Song / Pause Song
- What’s this song?
- What songs does [Honey Singh] sing?
You just try, I am sure you’ll love it 🙂